Saturday, January 26, 2008

English lesson 翻白眼 = Rolling Eyes?? or Flip White Eyes??

Heee... Time to gossip again.

There was 1 time, a female colleage & I had a bet on if our young & pretty auditor is Malay or Chinese. The loser had to "翻白眼" in front of our boss everyday for 1 week. Haha.. crazy mind.. :P my colleague was soo damn sure she would win & even suggested to extend to be 2 weeks. With great confidence, she asked this auditor... " May i know you are Malay or Chinese?"

She answer, "I am Chinese!! Why? I look like Malay cuz i am dark."

Muahaha.... I just could not stop laughing, jumping up and down. After lunch, I just couldn't help myself from telling boss about this bet i just won. Oh.. no.. Excuse me, boss.. look at my eyes, how do you call this? I demo 翻白眼 in front of him. My poor boss, he start to think think & think.. in the end he said.. "rolling eyes".

What? Rolling eyes!! are you kidding me? I know what does it call in mandarin.. it is "flip white eyes"!!! I am so disappointed.. you don't know how to say in own language? I demo him what's rolling eyes & this so-called flip white eyes. Still he said.. rolling eyes.

Hmm... such a disappointment. Guess they never do this to people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u sure u know better than your boss??

Anonymous said...

Well written article.